Saturday, August 31, 2013

Genealogy on the Cheap: Book Sale!

Who doesn't love a sale on one of their favorite things? How about two favorite things? Whilst searching online for a genealogy book I had heard about, I discovered a 20% off sale at Family Roots Publishing:

"Celebrate both Labor Day Weekend and Leland & Patty's 45th Wedding Anniversary!"
http://www.FamilyRootsPublishing.com/

Patty and Leland Meitzler are the owners of Roots Family Publishing, and they have a huge  selection of genealogical goodies. I saw this for myself in person at their large, well-stocked booth at the Federation of Genealogical Societies convention last week. They seemed to stock every book about genealogy that I had ever heard of, plus a whole lot more I hadn't.

A good many of the titles are directly published by Family Roots Publishing, including a large series called "Map Guides to German Parish Registers", consisting of 43 volumes out of a projected 57.  Beyond books, there are lots of forms to help you organize your research, reprints of magazine back issues, and a smattering of other types of roots searching necessities. They also have a staggering 129 listings for products by genealogical stalwart William Dollarhide!

Until today I hadn't realized that the blog which I read occasionally, "GenealogyBlog: The free daily online genealogy nautamagazine" is written by the Family Roots Publishing duo. Among still other activities, they produce the annual Salt Lake Christmas Tour, which sounds like a wonderful research opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment